|La Playa beer can (Photo: kevindean)|
– Alternate Endings: Ernest Hemingway’s great love and war novel, A Farewell to Arms, is being re-published with the inclusion of the 39, or perhaps 47, alternate endings Hemingway considered before going with what he kept.
– Discovering the Rebel at the Beach via he Beach Week series on the Tiki Tiki, stories by Latina writers on La Playa.
– Is it just me? I’m tired of blog posts about interesting bookcases that feature the same bookcases I’ve been seeing for the last 5 years.
– NYC: Come Out & Play Festival this weekend, combines games and technology.
Also Goldstar has $50 tickets to see three-time Tony Award winning musical, FELA!
– Alisa Valdes shares 8 Tips to Help You Stop Being Defensive
– Books A’plenty: Books I Acquired Last Year for Little or No Money
– A driver refuses to prove U.S. citizenship at a checkpoint, tells police: “That’s my business.”
– How Even ‘Boring’ Industries Can Create Interesting Content
– VERONIQUE DE MIGUEL shares Recovering from domestic violence – I did it!
Updated to add:
– The 20 Most Beautiful Children’s Books of All Time according to Flavorwire
– Awesome discussion on Reddit: When did we become a country where the millionaires are jealous of the people on food stamps? A country that thinks teachers and fire fighters are soaking us dry? A country that thinks the richest who are paying the lowest taxes in 80 years are the ones being beaten up?