– Boston Review’s Paula M.L. Moya did a two part interview with Junot Díaz here.
– How to brew your own hibiscus sun tea. recipe here. Cooling, and packed with antioxidants. I add: 1 tablespoon of rose hips, 1 tablespoon of elderberries, 1 tablespoon strips of orange zest too.
– They fell in love at Borders. via Salon
– 10 Latino Olympians to follow on Twitter via NBC Latino
– A smart and candid rant about confused anger, girl crushes and Sheila Heti‘s acclaimed novel on friendship. via Salon
– There is still time to participate in the 3rd annual Latina Week of Action for Reproductive Justice – Soy Poderosa blog carnival. Sign up here.
– Dazzling: 37 Home Library Design Ideas With a Jay-Dropping Visual and Cultural Effect (here),
The 20 Most Beautiful Bookstores in the World (here) and Bringing Maker-Style Garage Tinkering Into the Local Library (here)
– Speaking of Food: Latin Eats: NYC Restaurant Week List
– More yum: 11 Delicious Latin food blogs you need to follow!
– Ten Reasons Parents Should Read Multicultural Books to Kids via Incultureparent
– How to Survive in a Interracial Relationship When You Don’t Have the Support of Your Family & Friends via Chantilly Patiño.
Now on Sundance: