Where I post the most interesting things I’ve observed all week:
– Laying down the tracks for you: Guest DJ: Pulitzer Prize-Winning Author Junot Diaz via NPR
– Back to School: I’ve signed up for 4 fall online courses: Understanding Modern Marketing Madness, Explain an Idea: A Creative Workout For Your Mind, A Crash Course on Creativity, and Finance.
– I thought it was just me, apparently, I’m not the only one thinking this: What’s Up With Mormons and Design Blogs? via Designmom and Why I can’t stop reading Mormon housewife blogs via Salon.
– Bravo! HBO Options Guillermo Del Toro Series via Vulture.
– I am buying this book mentioned here, just to read this essay on How to Be Creative: “There is only one way to be creative–and that is to have the courage to examine all our secret convolutions, hopes, and jokes and transform them into art. To hell with what the other guy thinks! The odder and more personal we get, the more everyone identifies. It’s magic.”
– “If a story is in you, it has to come out.” ― William Faulkner
– Geek Foodie Alton Brown protests Twitter with Analog Tweets. Nicely done.
– Your Book/Blog needs to prove that you are an interesting or attractive storyteller with relevant ideas. Read why here.
– I was so ecstatic about Revolution,” NBC’s new sci-fi drama but it failed to capture me. It was a wannabe Walking Dead, without grit and zombies, with too-pretty scenery and actors, what a loss – it had so much potential.
– How Being Bicultural Makes You More Creative, yes!
– The end of “Man” – it’s not what you think. Worthwhile read here.
– Time‘s annual 50 Best Websites 2012