Last summer, we provided 190,000 free books and participants read 2.3 million books! This year, children can join Jack and Annie from Mary Pope Osborne’s Magic Tree House on their summer adventure as part of their own journey in our Summer Reading program. Participation is fun and easy.
1. Kids read any eight (8) books of their own choosing – library books, books borrowed from friends, or books bought at Barnes & Noble.
2. Ask them to write about their favorite part of each book in the Summer Reading Journal. A parent or guardian must sign the journal after each entry.
3. Bring the completed Summer Reading Journal to a Barnes & Noble bookstore between May 29th and September 2nd, 2007.
4. We’ll give them a coupon for a FREE book! They can choose from a list of exceptional paperback titles.
*Simply print out all the documents here at B&N.com or pick up Information Kits at your local Barnes & Noble store. These materials are copyrighted, but feel free to make as many copies as you need. Random House has provided the attached permission letter if needed.
* Eligible books will be listed on the coupon. Choices must be made from available stock. No special orders. Limit of two (2) forms per school-age child (grades 1-6). Incomplete forms will be ineligible for free books. Offer not available online.